Sunday 20 May 2012

Art Journal Pages

I discovered Art Journaling in December.... I had never heard of it before then. 

I wasn't sure whether or not to post my journal pages as my journals are my private space.   I use my them to record my days, work through things as well as try out new techniques and ideas.  

But what the heck...... here are some that I have done in the past. 

The ones below were done while I was completing my first online course.... Julie Fei Fan-Balzer's 10 minute journaling a day.  I really enjoyed this course.  It introduced me to art journaling and  it allowed me to create pages over a few days without any pressure on what it would turn out like. I pretty much just did what Julie did, while I got the hang of things. She is a fantastic teacher.







Here are some that I did myself, working along the same principle of 10 minutes or so a day and letting things develop over a few days..




and a few more.....





On the one below, I worked with journaling first, then gesso, then tissue paper background, with tissue paper balloons and washi tape on the top of the page.  I find jounaling first a fantastic way to get all the stuff out of my head and onto the page, empty myself and then create something over the top.

I love houses....
and then I was drawn to faces and hair and colour.... obviously :-)




 then eyes....

then flowers.....







 And hearts and stars.




Then I got my Dylusion stamps and inks..... I am in love....

More to follow in a future post.

Have a lovely day.
Lynn.

No comments:

Post a Comment