Saturday 17 March 2012

Thought I would share this art journal page that I have recently finished.

I decided to do the "Second Floor" Challenge run by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer from Balzer Designs and . This first challenge was to create something using Gold Acrylic Paint.

So here is what I did.

I already had the orange, flower, tissue paper background in my art journal ready to use.

When I heard of the challenge, I immediately pictured gold hand prints.

So off I went and painted my hands with gold paint and slapped them down on the page...... mmmm not what I expected....   the hand prints just looked like globs of gold paint and definitely not hand print, they didn't stand out as I wanted them to.  The background is to busy.... so what to do.

I decided to spray on some hearts using from a Crafters Workshop Stencil using Adirondack Color Wash Spray ink  in a few different colours.   The page was getting there but the gold paint was even more hidden.

I then painted the word Believe on black card stock and when it was dry covered in crystal Kindy Glitz, glitter glue, cut it out and stuck in on the bottom of the page.  I was not happy at all, with where this page was at.

I left it for a day and then came up with the idea of drawing some leaves on the page and painting them in Gold.  This was much better, but the page still wasn't done.

I added a Dylusion stamp, Tallulah Tripp, and coloured her in.   I then started doodling with a white out pen and finally added some words to the page to build on the word Believe.

I finished off using my Inktense Blocks to do a bit more highlighting.

Now the page was done.... well for now anyways :-).



I am quite happy with the way the page turned out.  The lettering could have been neater but it was the first time I tried lettering with a white out pen so overall I am happy with it.

I really enjoyed this challenge, it made me push myself and to use gold paint, which is a new thing for me in my art journalling.  I am really looking to the next the next challenge by Julie and Nat.

Have a great day
Lynn

7 comments:

  1. I totally love the gold leaves- such a great idea! Glad you took it to the second floor and tried once more with the golden paint. Thank you for joining Julie and me in the 2nd Floor Challenge.
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Lovin that background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the challenge! You definitely tried something new and ended up with a great art journal page! I joined Natalie & Julie's 2nd floor challenge also and made a scrapbook layout using upcycled materials. Great challenge! Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for you lovely comments Ladies. I really enjoyed the challenge and am very much looking foward to future ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the white pops against the colors- really draws the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynn! Thanks for stopping by Enikö's Playhouse! So happy you liked my Mother's Day piece! Have you done any more of the 2nd floor challenges? The new one is "circles"...I'm going to try to get to it. Hope you try it, too! Hugs, Enikö

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't Enika as I have been unwell. I am on the mend now and saw the challenge come thought the other day, I am definitely going to give it a go.... And get back to my blog too.

    ReplyDelete