Monday 21 May 2012

2nd Floor Challenge - Circles

Hi There

The next Second Floor Challenge laid down by Julie Fei Fan-Balzer and  is circles.

I started off with a background I already had.  I had just swiped a couple of different coloured ink pads down and across the page.
To start the challenge I used a toilet roll and painted one end with black Gesso and stamped all over the pages.


At this point I had no idea what to do next.   After a break and a bit of a think about it, I decided to use a few different acrylic paints colours and a paint dabber to dab circles inside the circles.


I then broke out one of my favorite supplies, oil pastels..... and coloured in the negative spaces between the circles with a light blue colour.  That didn't really turn out the way I thought it would.  I probably should have used a darker colour I think.  Then I coloured in around the inside edge of some of the circles with different oil pastel colours.   I am liking where this page is at right now.


I wasn't quite sure what to do next, so I had a poke around in my craft room and came upon some Zentangle squares that I had done previously.


I coloured them and cut them into circles and stuck them to the page.  I then used the oil pastels to draw in stem and leaves.


To finish the page off I used a Dylusion's circle stencil with black Gesso and bubble wrap with white gesso to carry on the circle theme.  I adhered two felt butterfly's and a white crocheted one that I inked around the edges.  Added some chipboard letters to spell the word "Bloom".  To finish the page off I edged the pages with a black oil pastel.


What I learnt from this.


  • I really like circles. 
  • It's ok not to have clue where things are going. Walk away and come back to it later, something will come to mind.
  • I love oil pastels ... ok I already knew that!!
  • I love bright colours, in particular bright blue is calling to me lately.... and of course red, my all time favorite colour.
  • I have a lot of "stuff" in my craft room and unless I go digging, I forget what I have. 

Have a lovely day.
Lynn


3 comments:

  1. Me gusta el resutado final que has conseguido con los circulos, los colores te han quedado vibrantes.
    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your circles! I also love how you shared your process - it's amazing how things change with each step and it can be quite fun to just go where the piece leads you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is amazing- I love the pages and how process!!! thanks for playing along with me and Julie in the SEcond Floor Challenge!

    ReplyDelete