Friday 10 February 2012

Blog 10.2.12

Hi There


Well I finally got up the nerve and created my Blog site.  I have wanted to do this for the longest time.  Bit of a procrastinator as you can see. 


Anyways....., here's a page I have done for a Sketch Wednesday site, (my first one too).  A day of firsts for me!


I used Tim Holtz Distress Reinkers (aged Mahogany and Spiced Marmalade) with Biscotti Perfect Pearls powder and water to make my own spray inks and coloured the card stock and tags, my handmade flowers and lace.  


If you look closely you can see a faint image of a cherry tree branch in the background.  I achieved this by laying  a stencil from The Crafters Workshop, on my card stock and then  spraying water over it.  I then removed the stencil and let the water sit for 30 seconds or so.  Then with a paper towel roll, I rolled over the card stock to remove the excess water.   (I love this look, I think it really adds interest to the background.  I learnt this technique from Dyan Reaveley from Dylusion Stamps on You Tube.  Its a favorite technique that I like to use a lot.) 


Behind the photo I started off with a book page aged with coffee stain and then laid a very light watered down layer of gesso on top of it to blur the words (it was from a very boring book!!).  


On top of that I put down a couple of patterned papers and Washi tapes, alternating between the two types.  Then rubbed over spiced marmalade distress ink to give it an aged look.


I then inked around the photo edge with Jet Black StazOn ink. 


I hand wrote on the tag (I am doing a lettering course at the moment and need the practice) and glued it down,


To finish off I added some ephemera that I had on hand. 


.....I apologise for my very poor photography.  I really need to get lessons......









1 comment:

  1. So glad you started!!! The hardest part is starting and you did it wonderfully!!

    ReplyDelete